MEWP operators are trained to conduct pre-use checks on machines prior to use, to help maintain a safe working environment. To assist this process, Nationwide Platforms offer a selection of pre-use check forms on our website.
These are designed to encourage best-practice of performing pre-use checks, and offer a digital solution to the record keeping requirements for this.
What are pre-use check forms?
Pre-use checks help MEWP operators verify the safety of their machine before it is used. Digital pre-use check forms are available from Nationwide platforms for our Scissor lifts, Booms and Low-level lifts.
Why should operators use them?
Why should managers encourage use of pre-use checks forms?
- They are an easy way for operators to carry out pre-use checks on machines they use, as per best practice guidelines.
- The forms create a consistent format for the checks to be carried out, covering all key machine components.
- They can be shared with your supervisors and managers quickly and easily, saving you time.
Where can I find them?
- Easily created digital audit trail of all checks performed.
- Helps identify potential problems with training or machine serviceability.