Nationwide Platforms – Privacy (Personal Data) Policy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Lavendon Access Services (UK) Limited of 15 Midland Court, Central Park, Lutterworth, Leicestershire LE17 4PN.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.nationwideplatforms.co.uk (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to any service we provide or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and if you report a problem with our website.
- Information you provide to us by other means (including, for example, by telephone or email).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
- Details and records of your online chat sessions with our customer services representatives.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Whether you are a new or existing customer, we may use your data, or permit other companies in the Lavendon Group to use your data, to provide you with information about other goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. With your consent, we or they may also contact you by electronic means.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our website users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lavendon Access Services (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the UK Marketing Team
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.